Finally had the time to write about this, and thank you, once again, to Barb for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It’s truly an honor. She’s been one of my sources of inspiration here.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
The rules are:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- What/who inspires you to blog?
I started blogging for myself, really, to let out steam and to share my struggles with Bipolar disorder. Now it’s for the people I’ve made friends with here, and the people who may come across this blog and find a little bit of solace.
- What are your favourite self-care tips and tricks?
I keep up with my self-care habits using my bullet journal. I have a self-care tracker there and every time I do something that’s good for my health (like exercising or eating healthy), I get to check the boxes. It feels great.
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
Haven’t thought that far lol! Hopefully I’ll still be blogging by then.
- What is the hardest part of your illness(es)?
Maybe the emotional outbursts. I get them a lot when I’m at a difficult time and suddenly I’m crying, throwing things, yelling at people, etc. Not my proudest moments.
- What thing(s) can you celebrate about yourself?
That I’m trying and doing the best that I can regardless of my diagnosis.
- Do you have any hobbies? If not, what hobbies can you see yourself doing and why?
I bullet journal, read fanfiction (a lot of fanfiction lol), cycle, watch TV series/movies.
- Where do you blog/write (i.e at a desk, in the kitchen…) and why?
Anywhere, but it’s usually in our spare bedroom where the natural light is most prominent.
- What kinds of tips can you give to someone who has recently been diagnosed?
Find a support system. Tell someone you trust that you have the illness and seek solace and acceptance.
- What is your favourite season and why? We only have two seasons in the PH: rainy and dry so I’ll go with rainy lol
- What keeps you blogging when barriers exist?
Right now I think there’s this…need for me to blog. I can’t really explain it but there’s this part of me that is always itching to write something.
- If you have 1 thing to say to your readers to inspire them, what would it be?
I nominate these bloggers:
And here are my questions:
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- Favorite blogger and why?
- Sunrise or sunset?
- If you weren’t blogging, what would you be doing?
- What’s the craziest thing in your bucket list?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What thing have you been most proud of recently?
- Where would you want to travel next?
- What is one thing you really want to change about yourself?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- Finally, where do you see yourself in five years?
Good luck, nominees!